We are a month into 2016. and I have to say that simultaneously things are going really well…and they aren’t. Let me explain, healing is not linear. It is a journey, and I am in a blip on my journey. After 8 months on the AIP protocol, I was feeling pretty good. And then one day I wasn’t. And it just keeps getting worse. But, inside, you know that deep place , is somewhere I can change. I truly do believe in the power of healing foods, but even more so I believe in the power of living your story. Because truth be told, I wouldn’t be the same with out being a celiac, or having asthma. So this year I am living LET IT GO. I breathe in the stress, the frustration that is happening, I breathe out the stress, the frustration that is happening. Gone. Touch and Let it go.
Here are some other current foods, supplements and thoughts making my days easier. Try them on for size and see if any suit you:
- Boundary setting by staying true to Cory. Her beliefs and values. Stop and think for a minute. Does this line up with what I want from/for my life? Stress can be caused by violating boundaries. Especially my own.
- meditating on connection
- assume the best (more on this later)
- cooked foods (yang deficiency. In TCM, eating warm foods assists in heating the body up)
- hot yoga or sauna more often than not as I am low in energy
- sleep and rest as priority
- apple cider vinegar
- water with glutamine or lemon juice
- deglycerized licorice root
- coconut oil
- vitamin B 5(natural antihistamine for the rashes)
- homeopathics (I tolerate better than pill supplements)
- himalayan sea salt on everything
- call a friend
- Smoothies with gelatin
Notes: This smoothie is one of my favourites. Although it isn’t warm like the TCM link says, it does offer the benefit of being pre-chewed.(literally) Which when the body is already stressed, also can be a benefit. I in particular, also crave extra greens when I am sick. Could use one and a quarter cups of coconut milk, but I don’t have any without preservatives.
- -1 frozen banana, in chunks
- -1/4 c blueberries
- -2c. spinach
- -1/2 english cucumber, in chunks
- -1/4 c coconut cream
- -1 c water
- -2 tbsp gelatin
- Add all ingredients to blender (or food processor)
- blend for a couple minutes until smooth
- Let sit for at least a couple more minutes to thicken.
- enjoy.(does travel well for a lunch or snack)