Butter always evokes imagery of decadence, treats, and the forbidden. Which it certainly is when eating on the autoimmune paleo diet. And for me, it had been a no go for as long as I can remember due to an actual dairy allergy. Yet still, I have desired to create something extra to go with treats. Sometimes, that bread or scone or waffle needs to be dressed up a little.
Enter this lovely. As long as you have a food processor of some sort, it takes 2 minutes to whip up. Store in your fridge for up to two weeks and the options are endless for how to use it. This “butter” has a taste blend of traditional butter with cream cheese. Thick, creamy and just perfect for spreading.
- ⅓ c nutiva shortening, softened
- ⅓ c coconut butter, softened
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- sprinkle sea salt
- In the bowl of the food processor, add all ingredients
- blend on high for 2 minutes
- the butter will be runny
- pour into a container and place in fridge for 30 min. (or freezer for 5 minutes if you need to speed up process)
- Use onto of your favorite bread, muffin or scone.
*This post was shared on Phoenix Helix AIP Roundtable