Looks at those beauties. Creamy, slightly sweet and chocolate ish. One of the things I miss the most on this protocol, is chocolate. I have a huge sweet tooth and have been working hard to create some treats that are safe to eat. Now I realize too that part of the point of the protocol is to not eat sugar. And as many treats. But some occasions call for something special.
I’ve eaten these with breakfast, as a midday snack and an after dinner sweet treat. They are a bit higher on the sugar content than is really suggested while on the autoimmune paleo protocol as sugar itself is known to be inflammatory. So I would not suggest eating the whole batch quickly. And certainly watch your tolerance of sugar. Mine is actually very low. So I have to be careful or the headaches, the aching and the nausea come back.
- 2 slightly brown bananas
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ c carob powder
- ¼ c honey
- ¼ c melted coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, place chopped bananas.
- sprinkle sea salt on top then mix for several minutes. The sea salt helps to break down the bananas and make them creamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
- On greased cookie sheet, divide dough into twelve balls and cook for 20 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven.
- Dont remove from sheet until completely cooled. These store well in the fridge or freezer.