This recipe came about from the many of cookie recipes I have tried. Sometimes accidents produce the greatest blessings. My sweet tooth has not changed since being on AIP, but my tolerance for sugar has decreased even further. Since one of the requirements of autoimmune paleo is minimal sugar, there really is no difference between “treat” or breakfast. Other than its name.
Note: This is a stage 1 reintroduction recipe as there is a small amount of ground flax. I’m not sure of anything that could replace that.
This quote bares repeating. I wholeheartedly believe our health comes from the inside out. Every bite that we eat feeds either health and healing or is harmful to our bodies. Its also true, though, that what each person needs is different. And at various stages of our lives, what we need can be different. Thats why it, health, is a journey.
- 1c tigernut flour
- ⅓ c coconut flour
- ⅓ c gelatin
- 2 tbsp freshly ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ c coconut oil
- ½ c water
- ⅓ c carob chips (sweetened is best)
- Pre heat the oven to 200deg F
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a kitchenmaid, mix well
- Pour out onto a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper
- spread evenly and roll flat with a rolling pin
- bake in oven for 1.5 hrs until lightly browned.
- let cool before breaking apart
- great with some coconut milk or by itself