I’m starting a new series of how to posts. I’ll be showing you how I make some of either my basic recipes or the add ins (like a gelatin egg.)
First one up is roast veggies. This is the most basic version, using only brussel sprouts. You may use any combination of root and cruciferous vegetables you like (carrots, broccoli, yams). These do turn brown, but that is a sign of the caramelization. Trust me, it is the tasty part. Tried and tested with even the youngest (and pickiest) of eaters.
*Note: these keep well in the fridge for leftovers. I often make a batch at the beginning of the week and use for lunches.
- 6 c vegetables (brussel sprouts shown)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 deg
- Clean and prep brussel sprouts, making sure they are bite sized
- Line a baking sheet or roasting pan with tin foil
- In a large bowl, toss veggies with oil, vinegar and salt
- Pour onto sheet and distribute evenly
- Cook for 15 min, turn veggies (or stir)
- Repeat process until veggies are soft and browned.
- remove from oven and serve immediately.