This will be a short post, another in the how to’s section. One of my favourite squashes is spaghetti squash. It is a low carb, high volume substitute for noodles. I use it with stir fries, any variety of sauces, chilli on top, or simply roasted chicken and avocado.
- -spaghetti squash
- preheat oven to 400 deg
- line a cookie sheet with tin foil
- slice the squash in half (the short way)
- using a large spoon, scoop out the fleshy centre
- place fleshy side down on foil
- bake for 50-60 min, depending on size of squash
- you will know it is cooked when the bottom browns
- Let cool for a few minutes before scooping out the squash. Strands will resemble spaghetti.