MMM…gotta love the smell of cookies. Even when they are not for me, I enjoy making them. These special cookies came out of a special request from a friend. I have never personally even had the “real” version of these cookies. So they were a true test of being creative and yet sticking to the spirit of the original cookie. Judging by the fact the smiles and that they were eaten very quickly, I’d say they were a hit.
From what I am told, “jam jams” are normally cut out cookies, with the jam placed on the centre. I opted for a traditional ball of cookie dough, roll, squish and plop! These are super simple, the cookie part is similar to a shortbread cookie. You can opt for any time of jam that you like. I often make my own jam. This time I used this product:
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ½ tsp of vanilla
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of coconut sugar
- (may need a tbsp or two of water)
- grind the cashews in a food processor until super fine, like a flour
- mix all the dry ingredients
- add in the oil and egg and mix until combined. but be careful not to over mix.
- scoop a heaping tbsp of dough and roll into a ball.
- place on a cookie sheet and squish with a spoon, so that a small concave is created in the dough
- using a tsp, scoop some jam into the concave.
- Bake in a 350 preheated oven for 10-12 minutes