I have never been a New Years resolution kind of gal. They have always seems less than real and not an effective use of energy. I’ve wanted something more sustainable and fluid. More reflective and less reactive. So today I am sharing with you intentions for my year. I want to remain aware and conscious of what my everyday life while being flexible and resilient. The classic Vedic text known as the Upanishads declares, “You are what your deepest desire is. As your desire is, so is your intention. As your intention is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.”
- Get curious about emotion. Recognizing and feeling emotion is the key to freedom. I am learning more and more about the power of emotions and that they are inextricably linked to our biology. Our bodies tell a story that we sometimes can’t. My body is not my enemy. By giving myself permission to get curious about my emotions, to feel them, and learn the stories behind them I can be in charge of writing my own endings, not being a slave to them.
- Breathe for mindfulness. The key to learning anything about myself and the world i am in, to understanding my behaviour and empathizing with others is awareness. I want to practice deep breathing more. Especially in the tough, emotionally charged scenarios or in the middle of a busy work day. Deep breath in, deep breath out.
- Stay in my belly. A good friend shared this with me two months ago and since I have put it into practice I have seen a transformation in myself. I am stressing less, and sleeping more. By asking myself, am I in my own belly, is this about me, something I can control and affects me, or am I in another persons life,w worrying about things that I can’t control and that don’t concern me? has decreased my anxiety significantly. I had no idea how much time I was wasting before obsessing about stuff that I had no business being anxious about. Now, I am wiser. Doesn’t mean its easier, but that is why it is a practice I am continuing.
- Touch and let go. This goes with the previous 3. If you pick something up, you don’t carry it around forever, you drop it at its destination. Doesn’t mean its disappeared, just that it served its purpose at the moment and you may come back to it later.
- Live and be more. I want to live, be and experience more. This intention is to remind me to be in the present moment, embracing all of its messiness. Just letting things happen and not trying to control the outcomes as much. This is where the magic happens. It also means, to control time less, and just go with the flow. Be creative. Experiment. Live.
- Be a badass. To explain this I will quote Brene Brown “people who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
- Love is all you need. this is my way of saying relationships matter. They always have to me and they always will.