Food prep sundays are my favourite. I just love lazy cooking, with my music blasting and dancing around my kitchen. It is seriously the best… This particular day I sautéed zucchini and mushrooms together, ground turkey, baked yams and the easiest baked chicken.
I often just cook skinless chicken breasts in the oven, but sometimes need a little something more. Here I used quarter chickens. You could use any chicken with the skin still on; this adds more flavour. The onions caramelize and give the chicken a sweetness.
- 4 quarter chickens
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp sea slat
- ½ red onion
- preheat oven to 400 deg
- line a cookie sheet with tin foil, making sure it goes up the sides
- lay chicken out on pan
- divide the olive oil evenly over chicken and rub in with your fingers
- sprinkle sea salt over top and rub in as well
- chop onion into large pieces and spread among the chicken
- bake for 50-60 min, until cooked through. I check mine with a thermometer.
- place chicken into serving dish and spoon onions and sauce overtop. Let sit for at least 5 min before eating.